Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rants, Rants, Rants

OK.. it's midweek, and time for a rant....

Although I'm nowhere near achieving parity between my films seen and my films reviewed I couldn't resist a rant at War of the Worlds, which I saw three weeks ago. Slow huh? Well, I managed to let it all rip yesterday as I was writing up my review. It's the featured piece for now. Safe to say I was not the film's biggest fan. Anyway -- you can view this very easily at The Film Lair as per usual.

Additionally, the Million Dollar Baby rant (which I saw a month ago, yeah, lazy I know) is coming up shortly. I'm beginning to think everybody is seeing something in Eastwood that I'm not. Or have they been brainwashed? Hmm.. in any case, this is not as good as I was expecting, just as Mystic River wasn't. Alas, it's just another film that doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the Oscar podium in any category -- oh it has its moments, but they're so few and far between. You'll see what I mean pretty soon.

After really liking 4 out of the last 5 films seen, I've been brought back down to earth, and with a bump. I'm really itching to write my Life Aquatic review because I've got a hell of a lot to rant about there. I just hope that Melinda and Melinda has a few more redeeming qualities than these three flaw-ridden flicks. Off to watch that now.

More updates coming soon. Til' then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No Charge Online Advertising Channels For Any Business"