Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Me Against the World


Hebrews 4:15: "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

Now.. who am I to argue with the holy bible? An atheist you might say. You'd be right actually. But the world is full of christians, and they're all against me. Someone up there doesn't like me anyway. This morning, I checked my hotmail inbox and guess what I found. Yes, you've guessed it. Someone shouting "Free Coke! Free Coke! Come and get your free coke!" - or it might as well have been. It was like a hammer to the heart, a left hook that split me open. Everyone wants me to fail, wants to tempt me.
I remember learning (at a young age) about Adam (or was it Eve?) and the apple in the Garden of Eden. As you probably know, the bible has a habit of colouring things up so they're construed as cruel to be kind, rather than the factual version that they're just plain cruel. In fact, it made Cain killing Abel seem like an episode of Where the Heart is. Boring, facetious, and so away from the point that it's laughable. The bible is indeed elitist, and morally obsolete. Nobody has ever been perfect and nor will anyone ever be. But what is this thing about temptation? Is it the old three strikes and you're out semantics? Or is it once a sinner always a sinner? I, personally, can't make head nor tail of it.
Anyway, moving away from religion, which I really couldn't care less about:
After finishing all the acting categories yesterday, I started work on the screenplay predictions today, and they're now finished. I would have done them last night, but I was so tried. I figured it was time to go to bed when I entered www.cinematography.org into my address bar. Not good. So.. the screenplay picks are updated, and aren't that far removed from the Picture predictions. I've thrown in some interesting picks though in the top tiers of each category.
Adios for now.

No comments: