Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Cut Short

Last night I had a bad experience with a DVD player, or rather, a games console with DVD capabilities. While watching 'Creep', which I rented from Blockbuster, the fucking thing cut out at like Scene 12. 'Unable to Read Disc' - so I guess it's the disc, but either way, it's so infuriating. I hate watching films in more than one installment, it kinda breaks the rhythm and suspense of the whole thing. I was actually quite enjoying it as well, as it seems the "creep" actually has an ounce of mortality. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's immortal villains, who can never be beaten. I like my protagonists to have a bit of a fighting chance, I just hope that Franka can get out.

Mind you - a lot of it doesn't make sense. Like how the hell did she manage to sleep through a passing train? It's one of the noisiest things I can think of. Also, nobody seemed to have any courtesy to wake her up, people in London really aren't this rude are they? lol - I'll leave that question open, being in the North of England certainly has its benefits. Anyway. Yeah. So I'm thinking its OK but it doesn't make sense. But of course there could be some twist like it's all a dream and she's really asleep. Even though it's ludicrous the film hasn't had good reception, but no. Surely not.

Aaargh! This is the problem with faulty DVD's and such, I'm off to Blockbuster to see if I can get another copy. I'm absoloutely fuming about this.

No comments: