Saturday, July 23, 2005

Oscar Battles: Part III

Yes, it's that time again. Another Oscar Battle is about to commence. Firstly, I'd like to give the results of the last cinematic struggle, between Oscar-winner Forrest Gump, and challengers Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption. Again, the Oscar-winner did not prevail, garnering zero votes total. Dark offering Pulp Fiction won out, with a majority of 75%.

This week, we revert to the 1998 Leading Actor category -- yes, the second time we've revisited '98. Evidently, people hate that year. Now before I continue, as you can see, I've left the remaining Oscar nominee Nick Nolte out of this, for the simple reason that I never hear him mentioned. There's always someone slagging Benigni off though, and usually it's for Norton. Nevertheless, I've seen McKellen and Hanks mentioned more often that not, so here we are. Personally, I prefer Jim Carrey's brilliance in The Truman Show to all of these, but I'm among a minority there, and he (criminally) wasn't nominated. If pushed, I'd go for Norton, but still -- tough call.

Enjoy :)

No comments: