Monday, January 07, 2008

The Oscar Invasion

Oscar could be invaded this year. I'm not talking about the clutch of villains in the Best Actor category, nor am I talking about the flurry of youth in the Best Actress category. I'm talking about this...


Yes, Oscar's makeup shortlist was announced today, and unbelievably, YES, Norbit is on this list. Here it is:

“The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”
“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”
“La Vie en Rose”
“Norbit”
“Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End”
“Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”
“300”

I could take Click's nomination last year but this would be horrendous. I don't care if the makeup is decent. It's a grotesque film. What next? Uwe Boll getting nominated for Director? Jessica Alba nominated for Best Actress? Argh.

No comments: