Saturday, January 10, 2009

Golden Globe Predictions

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Slumdog Millionaire

Even though Rev Road is the most media-friendly option this just has so much support.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married

I'm beginning to think she's going to win Globe and SAG and lose the Oscar. It could end up being a major free-for-all for the golden guy. I'm actually torn between who I want to win this Globe. I've only seen Jolie and Scott-Thomas and wasn't fussed about either. Meryl doesn't need another one but I can't help remembering the wonderful speech she gave the other year.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Sean Penn - Milk

I think it's a done deal. Globe/SAG/Oscar, thank you very much.

Best Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
Happy Go Lucky

Could go anywhere -- including Mamma Mia. Yikes!

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Sally Hawkins - Happy Go Lucky

Surely. Even though she's an unknown Hawkins is the only Oscar player of the five.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
Colin Farrell - In Bruges

I don't have a clue so I picked my favourite. It could happen.

Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Penelope Cruz - Vicky Cristina Barcelona

I think it's her or Winslet.

Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight

Duh.

Best Animated Feature Film
Wall-E

Duh x2.

Best Foreign Language Film
Waltz With Bashir

They could go for I've Loved You So Long but I'm feeling like this is the more likely option, given its growing cult-style popularity.

Best Director - Motion Picture
Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire

They might split Pic and Dir between the Dog and Button but I'm still predicting Danny.

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Doubt

The most blatantly written. They prefer Adapted.

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Slumdog Millionaire

Guessing...

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
"The Wrestler" - The Wrestler

This or Clint. Or Wall-E. Ok, so I don't know.

No comments: