Friday, September 23, 2005

Sigh

Yes, a heavy sigh. Why? Two reasons.

1) It's all over. We've found the most snubbed achievement in film ever, and we've found it after months of polling.

2) I'm dismayed by the decision lol... so Cate Blanchett's performance in Elizabeth is the most snubbed performance ever, having lost in 1998 to a radiant Gwyneth Paltrow. Talking of Paltrow, she may get a nomination this year for Proof, if reviews get a little kinder overall. I'm interested to know, do you view her performance in Shakespeare in Love as bad? Or just inferior? Anyway, regardless, the snub polls have ceased.

So let us move on to the next poll (yes that soon), which is based on the directorial master Alfred Hitchcock. To celebrate Hitchock's masterpiece collection, which is released on the 4th of October, we gather to decide which of his films was the greater directorial achievement. I've included the main ones, Vertigo, Psycho, Rear Window. Sorry if your fave isn't on the list but there is an 'other' slot. Fill your boots...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!
I'm definitely going to be checking back on your blog.

I have a domain web hosting site. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

Anonymous said...

web hosting solution Web Hosting Ecommerce Your source for the latest in the web hosting solution industry, web hosting solution News, links and latest web hosting solution developments.

Anonymous said...

Hello Cal, I've just been playing Serious Sam 2 before getting down to do some research into canadian web hosting; on the whole I'd rather continue playing. First place I came to was Sigh so I've been having a good time reading your blog. There are some ideas that I could maybe incorporate into canadian web hosting to make it more useful. Thank you!