Sunday, March 16, 2008

Remembrance Sundays: The Satanic Verses

I never used to like Sundays. When you're a kid it means: church (for some), nothing good on TV, school in the morning, and general boredom. Now I work at 6am on Sundays, which is a bit crazy, since it means I lose any possible Saturday nights out (although it doesn't always stop me) and it all but turns me into a zombie for the rest of the day. That's why I can never really muster the energy to blazon my thoughts on the blog of a sabbath. But now, a solution.

My new feature is titled Remembrance Sundays, which usually connotes images of depression and grief (like D-Day and all that jazz -- Sundays are a bit morbid anyway, don't you think?) but will be largely a celebration of a great moment of the past that has been captured on screen, whether it be filmic, political, musical, or otherwise. This means that a) I don't have to think too hard, b) There'll always be a blog post on a Sunday, and c) That hopefully it'll spread some sunshine into your Sunday. First up, Meryl...

No comments: