Thursday, February 23, 2006

Press / Blunt

Look at this picture.......
No. Look at it carefully.....
Now tell me what's wrong with it.

You can't think of anything can you?

That's because there isn't anything wrong with it. It's perfect. And not enough people know it.

Ahead of my full analysis of the Best Actress Oscar race, which I'm currently adoring, I want to make one BIG thing perfectly clear. I fucking hate AMPAS. And even though I may be slightly intoxicated and therefore very emotional, this is the one thing I want to convey in this post.

In my 'Who Should have been nominated?' section there will be a place -- just as there is a place in my heart -- for Nathalie Press' stunning, revelatory, heartbreaking turn as Mona in My Summer of Love. She made me laugh. She made me cry. But above all, she made me believe in taking chances, in bravery. I think it will be a long long time before I see a character as polished as this one, and as completely authentic.

I'm writing words but there aren't any to describe this. I will stop. If you haven't seen her, do it. And do it quick.

No comments: