Friday, March 12, 2010

Addicts 2009 Commences + Top Ten Films



My 2009 "Addict" awards should hopefully filter through in the next couple of weeks. I didn't finish them last year so this time around I'm going to concentrate on the big categories first. Without further ado, here is my Top Ten of 2009, which is also available on my website.

Top Ten List


1. A Prophet (Jacques Audiard)
2. Bright Star (Jane Campion)
3. Mr. Nobody (Jaco Van Dormael)
4. Anvil! The Story of Anvil! (Sacha Gervasi)
5. In the Loop (Armando Iannucci)
6. 35 Shots of Rum (Claire Denis)
7. Whip It! (Drew Barrymore)
8. Thirst (Chan-wook Park)
9. Drag Me To Hell (Sam Raimi)
10. Broken Embraces (Pedro Almodovar)


If you're wondering where The Hurt Locker or Julia is, they're in my 2008 list, since they were both released somewhere nationwide that year, otherwise they'd both make it. The same goes for Adrift, which hasn't yet been released anywhere.

Next Up: Actress in a Supporting Role

No comments: