Thursday, November 08, 2007

Current Obsessions

The Tennessee Williams / Elizabeth Taylor combo. How can one man write so much insightful stuff, and how can one woman interpret this stuff so fabulously? I saw Suddenly Last Summer the other day and Cat On a Hot Tin Roof not long ago. I'd give Taylor both Oscars and remove her Butterfield one. But I guess we'd all like to re-write much of Oscars' history.

This Mortal Coil's 1984 album It'll End In Tears, which I recently purchased after hearing just one song off of it,
Song to the Siren. I have not been disappointed with the rest -- especially the beautiful 'Holocaust'.

Shia LaBeouf, whose arrest for "trespassing" on Bonfire Night makes him even more appealing. Who can resist a badboy, right? Seriously though, I really don't tend to go for a babyface, but he's JUST SO scrumptious! And a mega promising actor -- see my latest lavish of praise for him here

Fergie's new song Clumsy . I hated her last song 'Big Girls Don't Cry' but this is a completely different sound. I can see now why her album has mixed reviews. Judging by the singles she's released it seems less of a consistent, complete sounding album than a few different (but admittedly good) songs.

No comments: