Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Star or the Country Girl?


Finally finally finally I get to see what all the fuss is about and form my own opinion about who should have won the 1954 Oscar for Actress in a Leading Role. Not to disrespect or disregard the other performances of this year, but this particularly race has historic relevance.

Although the academy do not release the amount of votes each nominee received (they never have done), rumours have surfaced that there were just eight votes in it between these two, with Kelly emerging victorious. Of course it's impossible to know for sure, but I really feel, as an Oscar fanatic and fan of these two ladies, have a thorough standpoint on this.

The two films arrived this morning in the mail, and I will see one of them tonight and one of them tomorrow night. I can't wait!

No comments: