Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eurovision: 3 Days to Go

The 2009 Eurovision Song Contest is just three days away now (excited, aren't you?) and last night the first semi-final took place to a thunderous atmosphere. I always think this semi-final system makes the Eurovision seem a bit of an arduous process, since I found the one-off/'what on earth are you going to get?' element very appealing. I've already got the Bacardi and mint for the mojito's on Saturday. Eurovision is a serious business, you know.

The Qualifying Countries from Semi-Final 1

Turkey
Sweden
Israel
Portugal
Malta
Finland
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Romania
Armenia
Iceland

As you would have expected there's a decent balkan contingent in there. I hope this new jury system compensates somewhat but something tells me there's gonna be a lot of confusion come Saturday when they try to explain it. Tonight's line-up sees the first test for Alexander Rybak's "Fairytale" (the huge 13/8 favourite from Norway) as well as that weird "Firefly" song I embedded a few weeks ago.

Bon Soir!

No comments: