Monday, September 05, 2005

Gods in Alabama


Hey there..



I thought I'd take this moment -- while I'm tired and purposely deterring from achieving my insanely long 'to do' list which lingers ever more annoyingly -- to let you know about this book that I'm reading at the minute. I made a conscious decision a month or so ago that I would read more, I've got a decent amount of time on my hands so why the hell not? Anyway, I was down at TESCO, and decided to look at the book chart and this book, 'Gods in Alabama' kinda caught my fancy. Well, it was the most interesting there, though I really only got it because I wanted to read something. Anyhow, it actually turns out that it's really good, and I'm really enjoying it. It's not very long, 275 pages or so, but I think it's really witty and author Joshilyn Jackson really has a knack of being blunt and deep at the same time. I really think has given me an incentive to keep reading after this one is finished, I'm around 2/3 of the way through it at the moment. I guess that's why I love writing, if it manages to bring something out in people and make them think about things that they had always thought about in a completely different way, or look at life in a completely different outlook, then that's special. And it's powerful. Jackson has that gift. Buy this book.


All for now =)

No comments: